The intestinal mucosa is constantly influenced by the large numbers of coexisting microorganisms and their products. Immune responses arising from these interactions protect the host from both pathogenic and commensal microorganisms. Sudden changes in the homeostasis may influence disease susceptibility and progression in the intestine which could influence other parts of the organism. Therefore, comparison of microbiome and analysis potential influence of microorganisms based on fecal microbiome profiling could be fundamental to the development of diagnostic and therapeutic applications.
Metagenomic Fecal Microbiome Profiling
Metagenomic shotgun sequencing facilitates discoveries in the genetic and functional diversity of host-associated microbiomes, host-microbe interactions, gene prediction and annotation, and disease mechanisms. Through the shotgun metagenomic sequencing, genes of all microorganisms in a complex sample could be elucidated. As an NGS-based method, it can detect low abundance microbes in the fecal samples that are likely to be missed or too costly using other methods.
About Our Service
In Creative Proteomics, we provide both shotgun metagenomic sequencing services and 16S metagenomic sequencing for microbial profiling. Taxonomic assignment of microbial species in complex network analysis, microbial communities, evolutionary studies, and correlation analysis is made possible through NGS-based microbial identification either by single genetic targets or whole-genome strategies.
Our metagenomic sequencing platform utilizes cutting edge sequencing systems such as Illumina HiSeq 2500 and HiSeq 4000 (PE 150). They produce at least 5 Gb of raw data per sample with more than 80% of bases with a quality score of Q30. Our metagenomic shotgun sequencing tool is a powerful platform for obtaining relevant microbial genetic information in fecal samples. Moreover, we also provide Nanopore and PacBio based long-read metagenomics services. Our platform can cater to institutions focus on various fields.
- Detection of low abundance species of microbial communities
- Years of commercial experience in life sciences
- Quick and affordable services
- Cutting-edge sequencing platforms featuring both next-generation and long-read sequencing platforms
- Flexible sequencing strategies and data analysis.
Our one-stop service is customizable to deliver quality analysis and meet customer preferences. The advantages for our service include detection of low abundance species of microbial communities, years of commercial experience in life sciences, quick and affordable services, cutting edge sequencing platforms featuring both next-generation and long-read sequencing platforms, flexible sequencing strategies, and data analysis. The bioinformatics analysis which is divided into five parts: Data QC, genome assembly, prediction of functional elements, gene function annotation, and comparative genome analysis.
|Data QC||Adapter sequences and low-quality sequences removal|
|Taxonomic assignment||Sequence alignment|
|Microbial diversity analysis||PCA, α and β diversity analysis, meta-analysis,|
|Function annotations||KEGG, eggNOG, GO, etc.|
|CAZy||Prediction of genes coding for certain traits and correlation analysis|
|CARD||Resistance genes prediction and correlation analysis|
|CAG/ MLG analysis||Determine the association between disease and microbial strains|
|CNV||Correlation analysis between microbiome CNV and disease|
|Pathogen prediction||VirFinder, MARVEL, VirSorter|
Before sending us your samples, make sure they meet the following requirements: DNA amount ≥ 1.6 μg, concentration ≥ 30 ng/μl, volume of ≥ 30 μl, 1.8 < OD260/280 < 2.0.
Creative Proteomics provides fecal microbiome profiling services at high depth in hoping to lead to more valuable insights, in order to research into biodiversity within and interaction between these microbes and human bodies. Our platforms include Illumina, Pacbio SMRT, and Oxford Nanopore to meet your needs no matter what and how long your interested targets are. If you are interested in our amplicon sequencing service and want to find out more, feel free to contact us!
1. Park SJ, Kim J, Lee JS, et al. Characterization of the fecal microbiome in different swine groups by high-throughput sequencing. Anaerobe. 2014 1,28.
*For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
- Gut Microbiota Genomic Services
- 16S/18S/ITS Amplicon Sequencing
- Gut Microbiota Whole Genome Sequencing
- Metagenomic Sequencing
- Fecal Microbiome Profiling Service
- Gut Microbial Diversity Analysis Service
- Long-Read Sequencing
- DNA Microarray Services
- Virome Sequencing
- RT-PCR & DNA/RNA Synthesis
- Microbiome Analysis Services
- Gut Microbiota Metatranscriptomic Services
- Gut Microbiota Proteomics Services
- Gut Microbiota Metabolomics Services
- Gut Microbiota Bioinformatics Services
- Other Gut Microbiota Services
- CRISPR/Cas9 Gene Editing Service
- Model Organisms for Gut Microbiota Research
- RNAi Service
- Antibiotic Resistance Testing Services
- Flow Cytometry (FCM)-Based Analysis and Sorting Services
- Gut Microbiota Fluorescent in situ Hybridization (FISH) Service
- Gut Bioreactor Service
- Microfluidics Services for Gut Microbiome Research
- Western Blot Service for Gut Microbiome Research
- Gut Microbiota Genomic Services
- Gut Microbiota and Host Homeostasis
- Gut Microbiota and Diseases
- Gut Microbiota in Therapeutic and Diagnostic Research
- Targeted Monitoring of Gut Microbiota