From the birth of the host, there has been a complex interaction between the gut microbiota and the host. The composition and activities of the gut microbiota vary depending on the host's genome, nutrition and lifestyle, and evolve and develop together with the host. The gut microbiota participates in the regulation of various metabolic pathways of the host, and works together with multiple organs of the intestine, liver, muscle and brain, and plays a very important role in the metabolism, signal transduction, and immunity of the host. Studying the relationship between changes in gut microbiota metabolites and host diseases is of great significance to promote the prevention and treatment of diseases.
Creative Proteomics has established an accurate, sensitive, and high-throughput analysis platform for gut metabolomics. With the help of metabolomics analysis technology and data processing methods, all metabolites in a biological or biological system can be qualitatively and quantitatively analyzed to help understand the physiological state of microorganisms, related metabolic pathways and their changes. Further promote the research on the potential interaction mechanism between gut microbes and the host and the effect of gut microbiota metabolism on the health and disease of the host.
Figure 1. Interaction between gut microbiota and host whereby microbial metabolites (Moya 2016)
What We Can Provide
Gut untargeted metabolomics analysis: unbiased detection of the dynamic changes of all small molecule metabolites before and after being stimulated or interfered, and screening of differential metabolites through biometric analysis. The aim is to study known and unknown metabolites, and strive to detect as many different features as possible in one analysis.
Gut targeted metabolomics analysis: Realize automatic chemical derivatization and quantitative analysis of intestinal flora metabolites in serum, urine, feces or bacteria (such as E. coli). High-throughput absolute quantitative detection of multiple metabolites, such as short-chain fatty acids, bile acids, choline metabolites, phenols, indoles, polyamines, lipids, vitamins, hormones, etc.
Gut lipidomics analysis: including targeted lipidomics and non-targeted lipidomics analysis.
- Targeted lipidomics: identification and quantification of target lipid molecules.
- Untargeted lipidomics: locate and quantify all lipid species to identify biomarkers.
Stable isotope-aided metabolic flux analysis: Provides metabolic flux analysis based on Stable isotope probing (SIP). Identify and quantitatively evaluate the metabolic effects of metabolic pathways by observing the position of isotope labels along the metabolic pathways.
Technology Platform of Microbial Metabolomics Analysis
- Gas chromatography-time-of-flight mass spectrometry (GC-TOF/MS) high throughput absolute quantification technology
- Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)
- HPLC-HRAM Orbitrap MS
Univariate statistical analysis
Multivariate statistical analysis
Annotation analysis of differential substances
Metabolic pathway analysis
- Serum, plasma ≥ 200 ul/sample
- Urine ≥ 500 ul/sample
- Tissue ≥ 200 mg/sample
- Cell ≥ 1×107/sample
- Cerebrospinal fluid ≥ 200 ul/sample
- Stool and intestinal contents ≥ 500 mg/sample
For other sample types, please consult our technicians.
Note: Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
- Gut Microbiota Genomic Services
- 16S/18S/ITS Amplicon Sequencing
- Gut Microbiota Whole Genome Sequencing
- Metagenomic Sequencing
- Fecal Microbiome Profiling Service
- Gut Microbial Diversity Analysis Service
- Long-Read Sequencing
- DNA Microarray Services
- Virome Sequencing
- RT-PCR & DNA/RNA Synthesis
- Microbiome Analysis Services
- Gut Microbiota Metatranscriptomic Services
- Gut Microbiota Proteomics Services
- Gut Microbiota Metabolomics Services
- Gut Microbiota Bioinformatics Services
- Other Gut Microbiota Services
- CRISPR/Cas9 Gene Editing Service
- Model Organisms for Gut Microbiota Research
- RNAi Service
- Antibiotic Resistance Testing Services
- Flow Cytometry (FCM)-Based Analysis and Sorting Services
- Gut Microbiota Fluorescent in situ Hybridization (FISH) Service
- Gut Bioreactor Service
- Microfluidics Services for Gut Microbiome Research
- Western Blot Service for Gut Microbiome Research
- Gut Microbiota Genomic Services
- Gut Microbiota and Host Homeostasis
- Gut Microbiota and Diseases
- Gut Microbiota in Therapeutic and Diagnostic Research
- Targeted Monitoring of Gut Microbiota