The human gut is the habitat for a large and dynamic microbial community consisted of bacteria, archaea, eukaryotes, and viruses, which has great relevance to human physiology. With ever-increasing research into the metagenomics, we started to realize that merely by analyses of genetic information is not enough to unveil the laws of life activity, metatranscriptomics is the science that studies whole gene expression of complex microbial communities within specific environments, and facilitates our understanding of gut microbiota gene content as well as the functions and genetic variability.
Technological advances in gene microarrays and next-generation sequencing have revolutionized metatranscriptomic analyses and provide us with the ability to gain insight into the genes expressed in microbial communities, enabling the elucidation of the transcriptional gene functions at given contexts, active metabolic pathways derived from such functional data, how the final products interact with the host, and configurational and functional alterations between healthy and abnormal microbiotas in gastrointestinal tract… Metatranscriptomics offers a more down-to-earth perspective compared with metagenomic.
Creative Proteomics, as a premier corporation that has many years of experience in multi-omics, provides state-of-the-art techniques and powerful bioinformatics platforms to assist with your gut microbiota metatranscriptomic research. We provide services widely covering the issue not only including mRNAs that indicate microbial activities to the utmost but non-protein coding genes and non-coding RNAs that also play instrumental roles in the system, to ensure the comprehensive understanding of the transcriptional products.
Typically, a metatranscriptomic experiment can be proceeded by way of microarrays or RNA sequencing. Microarray is capable of obtaining metatranscriptome information by conducting measurement of microbial transcription levels where we have abundant public and commercial databases for the reference, and so does the detection of novel transcripts.
We provide one-stop service of RNA microarray analysis, the major protocol includes RNA oligo probe design, array fabrication, and RNA target preparation, target-probe hybridization on array, signal detection, and data analysis. The process can be standardized and allows the reproducible profiling of the interaction between RNA and gut microbiota.
Under most circumstances, next generation sequencing is the preferred technique in metatranscriptomics – RNA-Seq does not require any previous knowledge about the genomes that have to be analyzed and it provides high throughput validation of genes prediction, structure, expression. Generally, the workflow includes sample collection, RNA extraction, RNA enrichment (either by amplification or isolation), cDNA synthesis and preparation of metatranscriptomic libraries, sequencing and data processing and analysis. By combining the two approaches it is possible to have a more comprehensive understanding of microbial metatranscriptome.
Combined advanced technology with bioinformatics platform, we provide superior gut metatranscriptome analysis solutions, which can be used to identify key genes and screen drug targets or genes, enzymes, and metabolites related to human health. If there is any need of yours, do not hesitate to contact us!
*For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
- Gut Microbiota Genomic Services
- 16S/18S/ITS Amplicon Sequencing
- Gut Microbiota Whole Genome Sequencing
- Metagenomic Sequencing
- Fecal Microbiome Profiling Service
- Gut Microbial Diversity Analysis Service
- Long-Read Sequencing
- DNA Microarray Services
- Virome Sequencing
- RT-PCR & DNA/RNA Synthesis
- Microbiome Analysis Services
- Gut Microbiota Metatranscriptomic Services
- Gut Microbiota Proteomics Services
- Gut Microbiota Metabolomics Services
- Gut Microbiota Bioinformatics Services
- Other Gut Microbiota Services
- CRISPR/Cas9 Gene Editing Service
- Model Organisms for Gut Microbiota Research
- RNAi Service
- Antibiotic Resistance Testing Services
- Flow Cytometry (FCM)-Based Analysis and Sorting Services
- Gut Microbiota Fluorescent in situ Hybridization (FISH) Service
- Gut Bioreactor Service
- Microfluidics Services for Gut Microbiome Research
- Western Blot Service for Gut Microbiome Research
- Gut Microbiota Genomic Services
- Gut Microbiota and Host Homeostasis
- Gut Microbiota and Diseases
- Gut Microbiota in Therapeutic and Diagnostic Research
- Targeted Monitoring of Gut Microbiota