Research on the gut microbiota has largely been driven by the advances of high-throughput sequencing technologies, the cloning step is no longer necessary and greater yields of sequencing data can be obtained. Shotgun metagenomic sequencing (or whole-genome shotgun sequencing, WGSS), sequencing billions of DNA base pairs in a single run without selective enrichment of a specific population, is not only capable of profiling microbial community composition and diversity but also provides the information to understand the functions encoded by the genomes of the gut microbiota. Shotgun metagenomic sequencing genetically analyzes DNA from different types of microbes in the gut community to understand what organisms are present and their physiology. For instance, the use of shotgun metagenomics could unveil antibiotic genes in the gut bacteria, or reproduce some of the specific, statistically significant genes, modules, and pathways in certain patients, revealing differences in community structure between individuals, and between healthy and diseased states, finally might lead to advances in understanding and treating pathogens, and adjusting gut flora composition.
Figure 1. Summary of a metagenomics workflow (Quince 2017)
Creative Proteomics, specialized in omics services, with the well-rounded gut flora platform, provides one-stop shotgun metagenomic sequencing and data analysis services customized for your research into gut microbiota as to aspects such as host-pathogen interactions, bacterial disease mechanisms and how microbial communities interact.
A brief view of our shotgun metagenomic sequencing service:
Data Analysis Includes but not limited to:
Creative Proteomics can provide you with full bioinformatics service for biomarker discovery and predictive modeling using statistics and machine learning as well. Our customized analysis will guarantee the high quality of your research and provide more sparkling ideas for your research. To find more about shotgun metagenomic sequencing for your gut microbiota research, please feel free to contact us. We will arrange experienced scientists to provide you with the professional advice of metagenomic research and optional services according to your project. Quality, professional and excellence are our eternal pursuit. Look forward to cooperating with you and making new progress in gut microbiota research.
1 Quince C; et al. Shotgun metagenomics, from sampling to analysis. Nature Biotechnology. 2017, 35(9): 833-44.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
- Gut Microbiota Genomic Services
- 16S/18S/ITS Amplicon Sequencing
- Gut Microbiota Whole Genome Sequencing
- Metagenomic Sequencing
- Fecal Microbiome Profiling Service
- Gut Microbial Diversity Analysis Service
- Long-Read Sequencing
- DNA Microarray Services
- Virome Sequencing
- RT-PCR & DNA/RNA Synthesis
- Microbiome Analysis Services
- Gut Microbiota Metatranscriptomic Services
- Gut Microbiota Proteomics Services
- Gut Microbiota Metabolomics Services
- Gut Microbiota Bioinformatics Services
- Other Gut Microbiota Services
- CRISPR/Cas9 Gene Editing Service
- Model Organisms for Gut Microbiota Research
- RNAi Service
- Antibiotic Resistance Testing Services
- Flow Cytometry (FCM)-Based Analysis and Sorting Services
- Gut Microbiota Fluorescent in situ Hybridization (FISH) Service
- Gut Bioreactor Service
- Microfluidics Services for Gut Microbiome Research
- Western Blot Service for Gut Microbiome Research
- Gut Microbiota Genomic Services
- Gut Microbiota and Host Homeostasis
- Gut Microbiota and Diseases
- Gut Microbiota in Therapeutic and Diagnostic Research
- Targeted Monitoring of Gut Microbiota