Metabolome refers to the collection of all low-molecular-weight metabolites (including metabolic intermediates, hormones, signal molecules and secondary metabolites) in a certain physiological period of an organism or cell. It is the core of the interconnection between cell changes and phenotypes, and directly reflects the physiological state of cells.
Compared with plant and animal metabolomics, the concentration of microorganisms in the growth medium is lower. It has the characteristics of low metabolite concentration and difficult to detect, and it is difficult to separate intracellular and extracellular metabolites. Microbial metabolomics mainly analyzes intracellular metabolites. Due to the active enzyme system and rapid metabolite conversion in cells, the method of sampling and sample preparation will significantly affect the accuracy and reproducibility of analytical results.
Creative Proteomics has established an accurate, sensitive, and high-throughput microbial metabolomics analysis platform that can perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of all metabolites in a biological or biological system, and provide key information for further understanding of related metabolic pathways and their changes.
What We Can Provide
- Targeted metabolomics analysis: identification and quantitative analysis of target small molecules, including microbial primary metabolites and secondary metabolites.
- Untargeted metabolomics analysis: unbiased detection of the dynamic changes of all small molecule metabolites before and after being stimulated or disturbed, and screening of differential metabolites through biometric analysis, and pathway analysis of differential metabolites.
Workflow of Microbial Metabolomics Analysis
Quick sampling, quenching and extraction of metabolites: maintain the integrity of cells, prevent leakage of intracellular metabolites, to correctly reflect the physiological state of microbial cells.
Detection, analysis and identification of metabolites
We provide two technology platforms: mass spectrometry (MS) and nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR).
Gas chromatography–mass spectrometry (GC-MS)
Liquid chromatograph-mass spectrometry (LC-MS)
Capillary electrophoresis- mass spectrometry (CE-MS)
Data processing and analysis
Data processing: generally includes baseline correction, feature detection, noise filtering, peak alignment, standardization and normalization, etc.
Data analysis: PCA and partial least squares discriminant analysis (PLS-DA) and other multivariate statistical analysis and bioinformatics analysis.
Application of Microbial Metabolomics Analysis
Lactic acid bacteria research
Microbial metabolome analysis can be applied to strain screening and identification, metabolic pathway analysis, fermentation engineering and other analyses.
Gut microbiota research
Gut metabolites can affect the composition of intestinal microbes, gene expression and metabolites. In many diseases, structural changes and metabolic changes of the gut microbial population may occur, as well as metabolic changes in the host's blood or tissues. Through the joint research of the microbiome and metabolome, it is helpful to find the microorganisms and metabolites that play a key role in the physiological and disease processes, and reveal the mechanism of physiological processes and disease occurrence and development.
Microbial metabonomics analysis can be used to analyze the mutation of pathogenic bacteria and the detection and screening of secondary metabolites
Food and Nutrition
Pathogens, toxins and by-products produced by microbial degradation of food are all related to food safety issues. Microbial metabolomics analysis can be applied to monitor related metabolites to ensure food safety. Nutrition can be used to assess the balance of nutrient deficiency and excess on the body's metabolism.
- Blood ≥100 µL
- Urine ≥100 μL
- Tissue ≥50 mg
- Fresh stool ≥50 mg
- Freeze-dried stool ≥5 mg
- Cell ≥1*107
*For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
- Gut Microbiota Genomic Services
- 16S/18S/ITS Amplicon Sequencing
- Gut Microbiota Whole Genome Sequencing
- Metagenomic Sequencing
- Fecal Microbiome Profiling Service
- Gut Microbial Diversity Analysis Service
- Long-Read Sequencing
- DNA Microarray Services
- Virome Sequencing
- RT-PCR & DNA/RNA Synthesis
- Microbiome Analysis Services
- Gut Microbiota Metatranscriptomic Services
- Gut Microbiota Proteomics Services
- Gut Microbiota Metabolomics Services
- Gut Microbiota Bioinformatics Services
- Other Gut Microbiota Services
- CRISPR/Cas9 Gene Editing Service
- Model Organisms for Gut Microbiota Research
- RNAi Service
- Antibiotic Resistance Testing Services
- Flow Cytometry (FCM)-Based Analysis and Sorting Services
- Gut Microbiota Fluorescent in situ Hybridization (FISH) Service
- Gut Bioreactor Service
- Microfluidics Services for Gut Microbiome Research
- Western Blot Service for Gut Microbiome Research
- Gut Microbiota Genomic Services
- Gut Microbiota and Host Homeostasis
- Gut Microbiota and Diseases
- Gut Microbiota in Therapeutic and Diagnostic Research
- Targeted Monitoring of Gut Microbiota