MicroRNAs (miRNAs) are short, highly conserved small non-coding RNA molecules naturally found in plants, animals and some viruses. miRNAs are abundant in human cells and appear to target about 60% of the genes, and most of these conserved miRNAs have important functions, that play significant roles in RNA silencing and post-transcriptional regulation of mRNA usually by complementary to a site in the 3' UTR. miRNAs also occasionally cause histone modification and DNA methylation of promoter sites, which affects the expression of target genes. miRNAs action in multiple mechanisms, which are essential for the maintenance of normal gut microbiota in a bidirectional way – studies have demonstrated that they can enter bacteria and regulate bacterial gene expression and growth, while on the other hand, microbiota modulates host microRNA expression, which could regulate host gene expression in return, these interplays indicate that it is meaningful to monitoring miRNA in the gastrointestinal tract.
Figure 1. Relationships between microRNAs and microbiota and the impact on gene expression regulation (Williams et al 2017)
Creative Proteomics provides genome-wide miRNA sequencing and miRNA microarray, which are the most commonly used and powerful technologies for the detection of miRNA, to add value to your study into gut microbiota and host interactions.
We provide miRNA profiling service by using next-generation sequencing or massively parallel high-throughput DNA sequencing, allows for the examination of tissue-specific expression patterns, disease associations, or isoforms of miRNAs, and to discover previously uncharacterized miRNAs. With advanced technology and experienced experts, we possess the full ability to:
◆ Obtain miRNA abundance levels from sequence reads
◆ Discover novel miRNAs
◆ Determine the differentially expressed miRNA
◆ Determine the miRNA associated mRNA gene targets
Microarray is a powerful high-throughput tool that is capable of conducting a genome-wide analysis of miRNA mechanisms, detecting multiple samples in parallel and monitoring the expression of thousands of small noncoding RNAs in a single run. We provide one-stop service of miRNA microarray analysis, the major protocol includes miRNA oligo probe design, array fabrication and miRNA target preparation, target-probe hybridization on array, signal detection and data analysis. The process can be standardized and allows the reproducible profiling of the interaction between miRNA and gut microbiota.
Our miRNA profiling service would assist you to excavate more abundant information from your research. To find out more about the miRNA sequencing and microarray services, please contact us.
1. Williams MR; et al. MicroRNAs-Based Inter-Domain Communication between the Host and Members of the Gut Microbiome. Frontiers in Microbiology. 2017, 8:1896.
*For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
- Gut Microbiota Genomic Services
- 16S/18S/ITS Amplicon Sequencing
- Gut Microbiota Whole Genome Sequencing
- Metagenomic Sequencing
- Fecal Microbiome Profiling Service
- Gut Microbial Diversity Analysis Service
- Long-Read Sequencing
- DNA Microarray Services
- Virome Sequencing
- RT-PCR & DNA/RNA Synthesis
- Microbiome Analysis Services
- Gut Microbiota Metatranscriptomic Services
- Gut Microbiota Proteomics Services
- Gut Microbiota Metabolomics Services
- Gut Microbiota Bioinformatics Services
- Other Gut Microbiota Services
- CRISPR/Cas9 Gene Editing Service
- Model Organisms for Gut Microbiota Research
- RNAi Service
- Antibiotic Resistance Testing Services
- Flow Cytometry (FCM)-Based Analysis and Sorting Services
- Gut Microbiota Fluorescent in situ Hybridization (FISH) Service
- Gut Bioreactor Service
- Microfluidics Services for Gut Microbiome Research
- Western Blot Service for Gut Microbiome Research
- Gut Microbiota Genomic Services
- Gut Microbiota and Host Homeostasis
- Gut Microbiota and Diseases
- Gut Microbiota in Therapeutic and Diagnostic Research
- Targeted Monitoring of Gut Microbiota