An Oligonucleotide microarray is a DNA microarray whose probes are synthesized oligo DNA molecules after genes corresponding to exons in the region of 20-100 nts are selected, with oligomers (often 25-60 mers) designed to represent a single gene or family of gene splice-variants printing directly onto the array surface. Oligonucleotide microarray has been used to identify large numbers of specific DNA markers by molecular hybridization. The length of sequences can be designed depending on the desired purpose – longer probes are more specific to individual target genes; shorter probes can be spotted in higher density across the array and are cheaper to manufacture. Since the probes are shorter than that of cDNA microarray, its specificity is high and cross-hybridization can be inhibited.
Oligonucleotide microarrays enable the flexible definition of a controlled and carefully designed hybridization platform. The main advantage of an oligonucleotide microarray is in its ability to detect multiple and novel pathogens (prokaryotes, eukaryotes, virus) within a single test. On top of that, oligonucleotide arrays provide absolute quantity ability and offer greater sensitivity and specificity that can distinguish single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and splice variants. Further advantages for oligonucleotide microarray platforms include standardized chip production and processing which decreases the variability, the limited RNA quantity that is required for each reaction, and the availability of software programs for sample analysis to deliver results with robustness and reliability.
Figure 1. The basic steps of cDNA and oligonucleotide microarrays (Latif 2010)
Creative Proteomics assists researchers in developing customized oligonucleotide microarrays targeted at intestinal microbe genes of interest. We dedicate to providing the highest level of service in gut microbiota research. And our customized service will guarantee that we deliver high-quality data and reports to you, and even provide more creative ideas for your research. To find more about oligonucleotide microarray for your gut microbiota research, please feel free to contact us. We will arrange experienced scientists to provide you with professional advice and optional services according to your project.
1 Shuaib L; Daniel G. Genomic Analyses in the Developing and Diseased Heart. Heart Development and Regeneration. 2010.
*For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
- Gut Microbiota Genomic Services
- 16S/18S/ITS Amplicon Sequencing
- Gut Microbiota Whole Genome Sequencing
- Metagenomic Sequencing
- Fecal Microbiome Profiling Service
- Gut Microbial Diversity Analysis Service
- Long-Read Sequencing
- DNA Microarray Services
- Virome Sequencing
- RT-PCR & DNA/RNA Synthesis
- Microbiome Analysis Services
- Gut Microbiota Metatranscriptomic Services
- Gut Microbiota Proteomics Services
- Gut Microbiota Metabolomics Services
- Gut Microbiota Bioinformatics Services
- Other Gut Microbiota Services
- CRISPR/Cas9 Gene Editing Service
- Model Organisms for Gut Microbiota Research
- RNAi Service
- Antibiotic Resistance Testing Services
- Flow Cytometry (FCM)-Based Analysis and Sorting Services
- Gut Microbiota Fluorescent in situ Hybridization (FISH) Service
- Gut Bioreactor Service
- Microfluidics Services for Gut Microbiome Research
- Western Blot Service for Gut Microbiome Research
- Gut Microbiota Genomic Services
- Gut Microbiota and Host Homeostasis
- Gut Microbiota and Diseases
- Gut Microbiota in Therapeutic and Diagnostic Research
- Targeted Monitoring of Gut Microbiota