The complex microbiota in the gastrointestinal tract contributes a lot to multiple health and disease processes. Technological advances in metatranscriptomics especially RNA sequencing based on next-generation sequencing (NGS) reveal the qualitative and quantitative information of RNA in biological samples at certain conditions, as well as the continuously changing state of metatranscriptome. RNA sequencing enables examination of multiple types of RNA in gut microbiota, which facilitate wide-ranging studies from basic research to disease treatment. While mRNA sequencing is ideal for the research of coding region, total RNA sequencing (also known as whole-transcriptome sequencing) provides the most comprehensive metatranscriptomics analysis – with the widest coverage among all types of RNA sequencing approaches, total RNA sequencing can not only measure gene and transcript abundance but identify known and novel features of the metatranscriptome.
Total RNA-seq yields abundant data of both coding RNAs and noncoding RNAs such as mRNAs, sRNAs, circRNAs, and lncRNAs, though ribosomal RNAs should be depleted, otherwise, they would dominate sequencing reads. Total RNA-seq uses random priming for first-strand cDNA synthesis to generate metatranscriptomic data from an RNA sample to ensure the identification as complete as possible for both coding and non-coding RNAs.
Creative Proteomics, as a premier corporation that has many years of experience in multi-omics, provides state-of-the-art techniques and powerful bioinformatics platforms to assist with your gut microbiota metatranscriptomic research. We offer a one-stop total RNA sequencing services including sample preparation, library preparation, sequencing, data analysis and interpretation. With advanced equipment and extensive experience in library construction, we specialize in conducting custom services and bioinformatics analyses, we are fully qualified to process complex samples to assist researchers to quickly and accurately analyze gut microbiota.
rRNA sequences would compose 90% of total RNA sequencing and limit the reads coming from other RNAs of interest or requiring high total read depth if rRNAs are not depleted from an RNA sample, which makes the removal of ribosomal RNA from samples a critical step of RNA sequencing.
Generally, a cDNA library needs to be constructed for total RNA sequencing. We provide highly efficient library preparation since rRNA removal, followed by quality control, rapid and ligation-free cDNA synthesis procedure for preparing directional RNA-seq libraries.
Sequencing & Data Analysis
Combined advanced sequencing technology with powerful bioinformatics platform, we provide superior gut total RNA sequencing services, which can be used to identify key genes and screen drug targets or genes, enzymes, and metabolites related to human health.
We dedicate to providing the highest level of service in gut microbiota research. We will offer the most suitable strategies according to your sample and research purpose. To find out more about our total RNA sequencing services, please feel free to contact us.
*For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
- Gut Microbiota Genomic Services
- 16S/18S/ITS Amplicon Sequencing
- Gut Microbiota Whole Genome Sequencing
- Metagenomic Sequencing
- Fecal Microbiome Profiling Service
- Gut Microbial Diversity Analysis Service
- Long-Read Sequencing
- DNA Microarray Services
- Virome Sequencing
- RT-PCR & DNA/RNA Synthesis
- Microbiome Analysis Services
- Gut Microbiota Metatranscriptomic Services
- Gut Microbiota Proteomics Services
- Gut Microbiota Metabolomics Services
- Gut Microbiota Bioinformatics Services
- Other Gut Microbiota Services
- CRISPR/Cas9 Gene Editing Service
- Model Organisms for Gut Microbiota Research
- RNAi Service
- Antibiotic Resistance Testing Services
- Flow Cytometry (FCM)-Based Analysis and Sorting Services
- Gut Microbiota Fluorescent in situ Hybridization (FISH) Service
- Gut Bioreactor Service
- Microfluidics Services for Gut Microbiome Research
- Western Blot Service for Gut Microbiome Research
- Gut Microbiota Genomic Services
- Gut Microbiota and Host Homeostasis
- Gut Microbiota and Diseases
- Gut Microbiota in Therapeutic and Diagnostic Research
- Targeted Monitoring of Gut Microbiota